Find specific dental care tips for your child’s health condition.
Your child’s health, developmental, behavioral or mental health condition may have an impact on their dental health. These special needs dental fact sheets were created to help you partner with your doctor and dentist to get the best dental care possible for your child. If your child’s condition is not listed below, you can use the “General Guidelines” handout. The facts sheets can help you:
- Know what to say when you call to schedule a dental visit
- Prepare for the dental appointment
- Care for your child’s oral health needs
Special Needs Fact Sheets:
- General Guidance Parents and Caregivers (PDF)
- General Guidance Parents and Caregivers (Russian) (PDF)
- General Guidance Parents and Caregivers (Spanish) (PDF)
Special Needs Dental Care fact sheets are shared with permission of the University of Washington School of Dentistry. Fact sheets were developed by the University of Washington and the Washington State Department of Health – Oral Health Program.