A Care Notebook is one tool that can help you organize important information about your child. It can help you:
- Keep track of medicines, therapy or treatments
- Organize contact information for health care providers, therapists and community organizations
- Prepare for appointments
- File your child’s health history
How do I get started?
- Gather existing information such as discharge reports, clinic visit summaries, immunization records, school plan, test results and care plans. Read this list of commonly requested documents for ideas on what to keep.
- Build a notebook using a 3-ring binder, expandable folder, box or other device.
- Clear page protectors make it easy to remove pages and business cards.
- Some families have different notebooks for school and health records.
Forms for your care notebook:
Download the entire care notebook (all the files below included) or download individual care notebook pages:
- Portable medical summary (PDF)
- Appointment log (PDF)
- Immunization record (PDF)
- Care schedule (PDF)
- Allergy log (PDF)
- Event and behavior log (PDF)
- Growth tracking form (PDF)
- Diet tracking form (PDF)
- Call log (PDF)
Document Your Child’s Care Plan
Visit Care Plans for Parents for information on creating a Care Plan. Be sure to include copies in your care notebook.