Due to a loss of state funding, the Center for Children with Special Needs closed for its doors effective September 30, 2018. This directory lists camps that were offered summer 2018. Please note, this directory does not include individual camp information including dates for summer 2019. You will need to visit the individual camp websites for specific information
At Adapt to Achieve – Youth Day Camp, campers with physical disabilities and visual impairments will try sports and activities throughout the week including: Goalball, Wheelchair Basketball, cycling, kayaking, sitting volleyball and archery, just to name a few.
Phone: (253) 404-3955
Camp Type: Day Camp
Camp Website: http://www.metroparkstacoma.org/adaptive
Camp Location: Tacoma, WA
Camp Region: Northwestern
Target Age: 5 - 18 years
Siblings Allowed: Yes
Volunteers Needed?: Yes
Languages (in addition to English): N/A
Sponsored by: Metro Parks - Tacoma
Serves Children with: Physical disabilities
Specific Condition/Diagnoses: Blind (Legally or Totally)
- This summer day camp is designed for campers with physical disabilities and visual impairments.
- Campers will try sports and activities throughout the week including: Goalball, Wheelchair Basketball, Cycling, Kayaking, Sitting Volleyball and Archery, just to name a few.
- Join us to build friendships and self-confidence. Open to all levels, beginners to advanced!
- Have a friend or family member that wants to sign up with you? AWESOME!
- Adapt to Achieve – Youth Day Camp is located at STAR Center – 3873 South 66th Street, Tacoma, WA 98409