Due to a loss of state funding, the Center for Children with Special Needs closed for its doors effective September 30, 2018. This directory lists camps that were offered summer 2018. Please note, this directory does not include individual camp information including dates for summer 2019. You will need to visit the individual camp websites for specific information
Blue Compass Camps offer outdoor programs for ages 7-22 with Aspergers, high functioning Autism, ADD, ADHD, and others who can benefit from guided adventures focused on building social and self confidence.
Camp Type: Day Camp, Overnight
Camp Website: http://www.bluecompasscamps.com
Camp Location: Seattle, Port Orchard, Poulsbo, North Cascades, San Juan Islands
Camp Region: Central, Northwestern
Target Age: 7-9, 10-13, 13-18, 18-22
Siblings Allowed: Yes
Volunteers Needed?: Yes
Languages (in addition to English): N/A
Sponsored by: Blue Compass
Serves Children with: Physical disabilities
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Lemonade Camp is 5-day camp for kids 7-9 in Seattle.
- Ranch Camp is a 5-day sleep over camp at either Island Lakes or Miracle Ranch. This is our most traditional summer camp program. We ride horses, swim, canoe, archery, climb, arts and crafts and have a huge campfire every night! We sleep in cabins.
- Treasure Island is our shortest overnight camp for kids 10-13. We take the ferry to Blake Island where we camp for 3 days. We explore tide pools, build forts, take a short hike to explore the island, complete a treasure hunt, and finish it off with a salmon feed and Native American interpretive dance.
- NW Explorer takes our adventure seeking campers out into the forests of the North Cascades. We hike, camp, explorer the beautiful wilderness area that surrounds Ross Lake. This 7-day hike is filled with small, achievable challenges that will have your child stoked at the achievements they complete during this adventure. No previous hiking experience required.