Due to a loss of state funding, the Center for Children with Special Needs closed for its doors effective September 30, 2018. This directory lists camps that were offered summer 2018. Please note, this directory does not include individual camp information including dates for summer 2019. You will need to visit the individual camp websites for specific information
Apex Summer Day Camp’s program focuses on building children’s social skills and self-esteem within the context of structured recreational and learning activities.
Phone: (206) 221-2267
Camp Type: Day Camp
Camp Website: http://www.apexsummercamp.org
Camp Location: Seattle, WA
Camp Region: Northwestern
Target Age: 6 - 12 years
Siblings Allowed: Yes
Volunteers Needed?: No
Languages (in addition to English): N/A
Sponsored by: UW Autism Center
Serves Children with: N/A
- Asperger Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Our summer camp program focuses on building children’s social skills and self-esteem within the context of structured recreational and learning activities.
- We partner with parents to provide education and training, as well as daily reports, so that new skills can be practiced, coached, and reinforced during everyday activities at home.
- Targets of treatment include improvements in the quality of peer interactions, increases in self-efficacy and confidence, and enhanced self-regulation of emotions and behavior.
- Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.