Due to a loss of state funding, the Center for Children with Special Needs closed for its doors effective September 30, 2018. This directory lists camps that were offered summer 2018. Please note, this directory does not include individual camp information including dates for summer 2019. You will need to visit the individual camp websites for specific information
Adventure Without Barriers: With adaptive sports equipment, extra staffing, training and specialized job placements, Adventures Without Limits is fulfilling our mission to serve all. At the heart of our program is the philosophy of inclusion, which brings together individuals of all backgrounds and abilities to share experiences and adventures together. Our collective commitments will ensure that we can all continue to empower people through the spirit of adventure.
Summer Camp Type: Day Camp
Camp Website: https://www.awloutdoors.org/
Camp Location: Daily pick-up locations in Forest Grove and Hillsboro, OR
Camp Region: Southwestern
Target Age: Ages 8-12
Siblings Allowed: Yes
Volunteers Needed?: Yes
Languages (in addition to English): Spanish
Sponsored by: Adventures Without Limits
Serves Children with:
- Physical disabilities
- Learning and development disabilities
- Behavioral conditions
- General medical conditions
Specific Condition/Diagnoses: N/A
- Inclusive Day Camp Program that specializes in working with individuals with disabilities.
- Activities include: kayaking, canoeing, and rafting, with facilitated boat-based games and confidence-building activities led by trained guides.
- No prior experience necessary, all safety and activity equipment provided.
- Activities will take place at the Rock Islands on the Willamette River, the Lower Sandy River, Scappoose Bay, and other locations depending on water conditions.
- Adventures Without Limits staff are experts in the activities they are leading and have extensive risk management, safety and rescue training.
- All guides are background checked and fingerprinted and have current First Aid and CPR certificates.
- All Adventures Without Limits camps and trips are fully inclusive, and guides are prepared to adapt any activity to include all participants in a safe and meaningful way.