Where to turn when you have concerns about your child’s special education services, 504 plan or legal rights.

What are my options if I disagree with the school’s decision about special education or a 504 plan, or if the school is not following my child’s IEP or 504 plans?

  • Start with your child’s school first. Talk with the special education coordinator or principal. If you are unable to resolve your concerns, or need further support or information use the resources listed below.
  • Resolution options for special education disputes are described in Dispute Resolution and Disagreements and Complaints about Special Education from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction’s (OSPI).


To address concerns and complaints about Section 504 or disability discrimination:


I have questions or concerns about my child’s legal rights. What are my options?

More information about your child’s rights is available in the following resources:

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get right back to you.