Who to contact for guidance:
- Developmental Concerns & Early Intervention – How to identify possible areas of concern for your child and access early intervention services.your child’s health, growth and development and help you find local resources.
- Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Coordinators – CSHCN Coordinators, generally public health nurses, can provide screening and assessment of your child, refer you to services and resources, provide health information and help you coordinate services.
- Family Resource Coordinators (FRC) – FRCs provide information about child growth and development, coordinate resources and services for your family, and find screening for your child if you have concerns about his or her development.
- Other Parents – can tell you about their experiences, give you tips, tell you about helpful providers, and give you hope. Parent to Parent and The Fathers Network are two parent-run organizations that provide emotional and informational support to parents.
- WithinReach ASK (Answers for Special Kids) Family Health Hotline – Find information and resources to help your child with special needs call 800-322-2588 or visit parenthelp123.org.