Find information and tips for a variety of different diagnoses and situations such as car safety, water safety, fire safety, and playground safety.
- View our playground safety tips to find general safety tips, resources, and information about ADA accessibility for playgrounds for parents, caregivers, and professionals.
- Safe Kids USA’s Fire Safety for Children with Special Needs has videos and information on fire prevention for children who are immobile, have visual or hearing loss, or cognitive impairment.
- Safe Kids USA’s Burn Prevention for Children with Special Needs
- View Seattle Children’s Water Safety for Children with Seizures Fact Sheet in English, Spanish, or Vietnamese.
Car Seat Safety
- Safety Belt Safe provides a quick reference list of car restraints for children with special needs.
- The National Center for Safe Transportation offers information on car seats for children with special needs.
- Helpful tips on how to help your child stay in their car seat from Safety Belt Safe.
- Some manufacturers of specialized car seats and restraints for children with special needs:
- University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute offers vehicle safety tips for people who use wheelchairs.
- The National Center for Safe Transportation offers transportation tips by medical condition.