Early Intervention and Education Resources
If you have concerns about your child’s development, or educational needs as they relate to disability, health or specially designed instruction, it can be confusing to know where to start. This information is designed to help you learn about services, and if you live in Washington State, connect with educational resources.
- Developmental Concerns & Early Intervention: How to identify possible areas of concern for your child and access early intervention services.
- Special Education: Learn the basics of special education for children and youth ages 3-21 and how to get started.
- Individual Education Program (IEP): School-aged children who qualify for special education have an IEP. Learn what an IEP is, how it is administered, and more.
- The 504 Plan: School-aged children who need accommodations or a health management plan may have a 504 plan. Learn about 504 plans and find condition-specific examples.
- Building Partnerships: Find tips and strategies for communicating and working with your child’s education team.
- Dispute Resolution & Your Child’s Legal Rights: Where to turn when you have concerns about your child’s special education services, 504 plan or legal rights.