You can use the Care Notebook to:
- Track changes in your medicines or treatments.
- List phone numbers for health care providers and community organizations.
- Prepare for appointments.
- File information about your health history.
To set up your Care Notebook:
- Step 1: Gather your existing information: Gather health information you and your parents already have. This may include reports from recent doctor’s visits, immunization records, recent summary of a hospital stay, this year’s school plan, test results, or informational pamphlets.
- Step 2: Choose what to keep in your care notebook: Decide what information you look up most often and what information is needed by others. Store other information in a file drawer or box where you can find it if needed.
- Step 3: Build your care notebook: The key is to make it easy for you to find the information you need, quickly and easily. Build a notebook using a 3-ring binder, expandable folder, box or other device.
Download the entire teen care notebook worksheets (all the files below included) ORdownload individual care notebook pages:
Keep Track of Your Contacts
Prepare for an Emergency
Keep Track of Your Medications
Keep Track of Appointments and Care
Document Your Care Plan
Visit Care Plans for Teens for information on creating a care plan and be sure to include copies in your care notebook.